Monday, February 4, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

Little late posting this, but it was such a great time with family that I don't want to forget it. :)

We were able to make it home for Thanksgiving this year. Since Liam had spent over a week with Daniel's family in October while we were in the Philippines, we decided to spend most of our time at my parents so they could get some special time with Liam.

We stopped off at Daniel's home on the way in to see some of the family and love on our new little cousin! :) Liam wasn't too sure about me holding another baby.
Liam and I headed to my parents house while Daniel and his younger brother (along with Jack) went camping for a few nights in the Sipsey Wilderness. It was great bonding time for them. :) Daniel loves camping and Nathan had never had the chance to go camping with him before. They had such a great time and came home exhausted!

While the boys were camping, Liam and I just hung out with my parents. Liam got to go to the preschool that my mom works at and attend the Mom's morning out program. He got to participate in the thanksgiving feast (yummy vegetable soup) and listen to all the kids sing songs about the pilgrims and Indians.

After Daniel and Nathan got back to my parents, we had all my close high school friends who were in town over for pizza one night. It was a fun night of catching up on each others' lives, talking about 'remember when' and stuffing our faces with Mellow Mushroom pizza. Yum. :)
Liam made some funny faces while we took pictures with each other.
I love these girls so much! I'm so glad that Liam gets to spend time with them. :) (We missed you Allison and Kristen!)

On to Thanksgiving Day. This Thanksgiving was very special because we were able to spend it with both sides of our immediate family. Daniel's parents and brother and my parents were all together. When I first asked my mom about having Daniel's parents over for Thanksgiving, I thought I would ease her mind about having to cook for so many people and tell her that I would cook the entire meal. So I did! I used several of Daniel's family recipes and some of my own to create a delicious dinner. Mom bought the food and I prepared it. Daniel's mom brought ham and homemade bread and an apple pie.
Rosemary Turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, bread, cornbread, macaroni and cheese, squash casserole, cheesy carrots, sweet green beans, cranberry sauce - YUM!!! I wish I could eat this meal for every meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment