- Liam at his 6 month check up on the 17th was 28 inches long (94th percentile), 16lbs 4oz (30th percentile), and head circumference 44cm (60th percentile). He took his shots like a champ - cried immediately after them, but stopped as soon as I picked him up off the table.
- Liam's first tooth came in today! We were sitting in Chik-Fil-A eating dinner with some friends, and I looked down at his mouth and noted something white!
- He is wearing 6 month clothes, and we're slowly pulling out some of the 6-9 mo. He can still fit in a few 3-6 mo but they are getting a little short and tight.
- We tried solids around 5 months but it didn't go so well. We attempted bananas, applesauce, peas (that was his official first solid), carrots, and sweet potatoes. Eventually we just gave up because he didn't want to cooperate and I don't think his gut was ready to start processing the food because it took him like a week to have a bm. (TMI? sorry)
- We've started back solids now. Applesauce and oatmeal is what we're working on and he will sit there and open his mouth for more. Apparently he's ready now. And the bms are not an issue this time. :)
- His thumb is his new best friend.
- Still doing physical therapy. No real changes. It's more developmental things now. I'm not paying for it though, so I don't really care.
- He sits up and plays with toys. He doesn't last a super long time because he gets sidetracked and then he'll fall to the side. But he's doing fantastic!
- He is CRAWLING! Well, army crawling at least! He's using his knees and elbows to scoot around the floor. He had been rolling all over the place. We'd put him down in one spot, look away and next thing we know he's halfway across the living room.
- He LOVES his jumparoo. I'm pretty sure it's taken the place of the frog bouncy seat. He doesn't really enjoy the bouncy seat these days, but he will jump for hours. Seriously. And when you're holding him, he jumps. He's started to interact with the toys on the jumparoo, too. He's figured out what to do with them all. Even when he's ready to get out of the jumparoo, he cries and jumps at the same time. Go, go, go. We think that's why he's so skinny. He's so active.
- He hasn't said "words" that we know of yet, but he loves to do the "raspberry" noises with his mouth. He spits everywhere when we does it. He cracks himself up.
- He likes to play peek-a-boo and will giggle. His giggles are precious.
- I'm going to start teaching him simple sign language. I am so excited
- Sleep Habits: Prior to arriving in MS, Liam was waking up about every 4 hours or so. In MS, he slept through the night, until about 5 or 6 each morning, then would go back to sleep until 8 or so. He continued this pattern when we to AL and my mom watched him. So when we got home, we decided it was time to move him to his crib in his own room. Success! For the most part at least. We still have nights that he wakes up around 4 wanting to eat, but normally he'll sleep until about 6. For about a week, he would wake up at 6 and want to play for an hour. So we played, and went back to bed until 10. :) He still doesn't go to bed early, normally it's around 11pm. But we've had a few nights that his 8pm nap turned right into bedtime. I won't complain though, he lets me sleep in most days.
|Liam's first National Championship Game and Bama won!|
In the next 7 months or so, Liam is going to have a few more friends and we couldn't be happier for our sweet friends!
I can't think of much else that's been going on in our lives. Liam is most of it. We're still in limbo at this time as far as working towards leaving to go overseas next year. We have to wait until this April to see if there is job for us and if the IMB thinks we're ready to leave. There is so much that can happen in the next year, we are just praying that God would guide us through it all.
|Still loves bath time|
|Back to foods! Yum, applesauce!|
make known his deeds among the peoples!
2 Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!
3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!
4 Seek the LORD and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
5 Remember the wondrous works that he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he uttered,
6 O offspring of Abraham, his servant,
children of Jacob, his chosen ones!
Psalm 105: 1-6