Monday, December 5, 2011

My Monthly Post...

Started writing this last month, and then worked on it again, but the pictures are having problems... finally getting it posted.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  
Jeremiah 29:11
This verse has always given me comfort, especially when I went off to college. And now that I have a child of my own, I rest in the fact that the Lord has a plan for Liam and his life. I pray that Liam will grow to be a man of God and that the Lord will use him for His glory. This verse also reminds me that no matter what happens (or doesn't happen, whichever the case may be) in our life, God is in control and has planned it all out. As we wait on God and his timing for Daniel to finish classes (we thought he would be finished in May, but they aren't offering all the classes he needs so now it won't be till the fall), and for the doors to start opening for us to head overseas, we pray that God will use us in our situations and relationships here in Fort Worth.


 I have good intentions of blogging, I really do. I sit down at the computer many times thinking, "oh, I should blog about this or that" and then I get sidetracked with facebook, email, uploading pictures, making shutterfly books, watching a show on hulu, or pinterest. So blogging takes a backseat. New years resolution maybe?

 Anyway. Little Mister is growing big! We had our 4 month check up a few weeks ago and he was 14lbs 7oz and 26 inches long - and he continues to be in the 90th percentile for both. He's still skinny, but he is starting to fill out. His legs and feet are getting chunky. (Size 3 shoes fit right now, yikes!) We're afraid that his feet are going to be bigger than Daniel's! How are we going to find shoes to fit while living overseas!? Oh, and Liam is 4 1/2 months old now. :)

Some highlights and achievements of his life right now:
  • he is in 3-6 month and 6 month clothes right now
  • he is a thumb sucker
  • we are still doing physical therapy to work on his neck but he is doing so much better at holding it up (and straight) on his own!
  • we're currently working on trying to sit up without falling over
  • we tried some cereal the other day and it didn't go very well - he started coughing and choking, so we'll hold off on that for a while
  • he's still in size one diapers, but we're going to move up to size two after this pack is done - his little butt just isn't very big
  • he loves his bouncy seat, swing, and jumparoo (but he'll only play in the jumparoo for about 15 minutes before he gets upset)
  • tummy time is going well, but he still loves to just lie on his back and stare at the ceiling
  • he is making all kinds of sounds and syllables - he'll be talking before we know it!
  • still not interested in a pacifier
  • he was a knight for Halloween. mommy was his princess and daddy was his squire.
  • he has a new little friend named Rizpah born on November 13th
  • we got to spend time with his first little friend Jacob and Jacob's mommy recently (they moved right after Jacob was born) - it will hopefully become a monthly thing.
  • Friday and Sunday nights are playtime with daddy while mommy goes to work
  • he LOVES bathtime! he's going to be an amazing swimmer one of these days
  • kick, kick, kick - that's all he does, so maybe he'll be a soccer player instead
  • he's found his toes and enjoys playing with them
    I guess that's most of what's been going on in Liam's life. Which is what most of you come to the blog to hear about anyway. And to see precious pictures of course. :)

    As for Daniel and I, our life seems crazy. I really don't know where all the time goes. We start the month with an empty calendar and then before we know it, we only have a few days without plans. It's been almost 4 months now since we had a date night without Liam in tow. Not for lack of help, we have plenty of people offering to babysit; we just don't have the time for a date night. We've gotten very involved at church now that we're officially members. Daniel has been working with the men's ministry and we are part of the missions team and Greater Things team (a local outreach project). We have our life group meeting every other week on Saturday nights. Daniel has class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and is working at the framing shop on MWF. And as for me, I have no idea what I do with my days. Haha. Seriously. The week goes by so fast and I feel like I've accomplished nothing. I love being at home with Liam though. Our home doesn't reflect the fact that I stay at home during the week, but maybe one of these days I'll learn to keep it in order. Then again, I have a child - a boy at that. It'll probably never be clean once he starts crawling and walking. Daniel celebrated his 25th birthday on the 14th. His mother was in town the weekend before so we went shopping and out to eat that weekend. And of course he got his ice cream cake from Cold Stone - a stable for all of his birthdays. I don't know what he's going to do when we're overseas.

    We stayed in Texas for Thanksgiving and a good friend of ours was invited to a church member's home and the family told him to bring friends if anyone didn't have a place to go for Thanksgiving. So he invited us. Such a sweet family and we had a wonderful dinner and then stayed and played games with the family. And then Daniel worked on a paper. It seems like that's all he does lately. But the semester is almost over!!!!

    Daniel had intended to finish his classwork here in the States this next May, but the seminary is not offering all the classes that he needs in the spring, so it will be prolonged again. Hopefully he'll finish in the fall.

    I have not started decorating for Christmas and it is driving me crazy!!! I'm ready to get my boxes out of the garage and be festive! :) I can't wait for Liam to just stare at all the lights on the tree!

    Now for pictures!
    Halloween
    Bathtime!
    Holding his head up!
    He's so cute even when he's sad.
    Sweet boy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment