Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our busy life, continued.

April continues to be a busy month as we predicted in the beginning, and May doesn't look like it'll slow down at all. AHHH! I'm just ready for a break from being so busy. No end in sight though.

Work continues to consume our life, as does school and CARES. I feel like I constantly repeat myself on this subject. We fit church and friends in there as much as we can. It helps that our friends help us with CARES stuff most of the time.

Two Saturdays ago, we had 3 families who are originally from India and live in our apartment community over for lunch. Such a wonderful time getting to know these families better! Such sweet people with kind hearts. We grilled chicken and vegetables and I made some rice. Definitely not Indian food, but they seemed to enjoy it. I can't wait until we get to go to their apartments and try their cooking one of these days. All of them have children so they were all giving me advice when our baby comes.

We had some crazy storms on Tuesday afternoon complete with "bigger than a golfball" sized hail. Poor Jackson got hit on the head with a very large piece of hail. I've never seen anything like it.


The Belly at 24 Weeks
I went back to the doctor last Thursday and so far everything looks good. Little Mister's heartbeat was 145 and my belly/uterus measurement is 26cm which is normal. I had the glucose testing and the results were normal. I however did gain about 10 lbs in 6 weeks which she wasn't very impressed with. Haha. She complained at first that I'm not gaining enough, then complains that I gained too much. I can't make her happy. :) In all I'm only about 12 lbs up at this point which isn't bad  for 25 weeks, I just didn't gain it gradually like I should have. I didn't change a thing though so I don't know how that happened. I know between week 20 and 21, my belly "blossomed" as some of my coworkers say. I guess Little Mister hit a growth spurt? He's still kicking away and I'm loving every minute of it. I start to notice him around 10pm every night. So he's already on some kind of schedule which I suppose is good - I would prefer that he not sleep all day and be up and ready to play at 10, but at least we know he can be on a schedule. I'm in my 6th month of pregnancy and currently at 26 weeks today! Little Mister is currently the size of an eggplant.
Friday night was Secret Church. We ordered the simulcast from the Church at Brookhills and from 6pm until 12:30am we sat and listened to David Platt bring the Word. Well, I say "we", but I was definitely in the bed asleep by 11pm. I just couldn't stay awake that long. We had some friends come over to participate in the Bible study and a few girls that we had met while we were in Kansas, who were in town for the weekend. Total of 8 of us, sitting in the living room, singing worship songs, and reading the Word. Such a blessing to share that time with our friends. If you haven't participated or heard about Secret Church, I highly recommend you click on the link and listen to some of his messages. They are all at least 6 hours long, but they are definitely worth your time. And they are free to download. :)

Saturday was our CARES Easter Party for our residents. SO much Fun! But SO Exhausting! Our friends David and Natalie were kind enough to help us out for the event, and we couldn't have done it without them, our friend Adam (aka the Easter Bunny) and two of the girls on our office staff. We had a pancake brunch with "create your own pancake" (banana, strawberry, blueberry, chocolate chip, etc.), turkey bacon, juice and fruit. It took us about 30 minutes to get the hang of how to feed 30 people who all show up at one time but we got the job done. We finally got a system going and we feel confident that we can successfully have another pancake breakfast without a few of them mistakes that we found ourselves making. :) Although, we cannot do it without some amazing friends to help. We know that much for sure. So we made breakfast and then sent the kids out to find our 500 candy-filled eggs that we had hidden in our grassy area. While the kids were busy searching the Easter Bunny came "hopping" along to surprise the kids. Some of them weren't too sure about the giant bunny, but others loved on him as much as they could. The kids were too cute! In all, we probably had about 75 residents/guests at our event which was an awesome turnout! I definitely overdid it though and I was grumpy and exhausted by 1pm. I took a long nap that afternoon but it didn't help the feeling of being overwhelmed.

This Easter was slightly different from the Easters that Daniel and I used to have with our families. I think I worked Easter weekend last year because I don't really remember it. This year we visited a church again and then had 4 families from our old church over for lunch after everyone was through with church - funny thing is that we all went to the same church today, but they had 2 services so we weren't all there together. I made Pioneer Woman's lasagna and fettuccine alfredo with chicken. Bliss. Both were incredible. I guess she doesn't call it the "best lasagna ever" for no reason. And the fettuccine. Yum yum yum! So glad we had some leftovers! I wish I had taken pictures of the final results but we dug into it so quick I couldn't have gotten my camera out anyway. It was a wonderful afternoon of fellowship with our friends and remembering that Christ is Alive and the tomb was empty!

We are planning a vacation to the beach for our "babymoon" this May. And we're planning for our last trip home to see our families before I'm not allowed to travel outside of the Metroplex. We've got our CARES events planned. Next month will be crazy as well. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment