Saturday, July 17, 2010

More from the much needed vacation

Another relaxing beach picture for your enjoyment.


Mom and I ended up buying a beach umbrella at Walmart so I could at least go out on the beach and sit in the shade. (renting a chair and umbrella on the beach from the resort was like $30/day! Ridiculous! We spent $30 at Walmart on a chair and umbrella.) I did get to tan a little more, just very carefully and covered in SPF50. I just enjoyed the beach too much to not at least to sit out there, listening to the waves, having sand between my toes, and reading a really good Francine Rivers book. On a side note, if you're looking for a good book to finish out the summer with, I highly recomend any of her books. I've only read 4, but I can't wait to start some more! Redeeming Love and the Mark of the Lion series are amazing! Those are her most popular. All 4 of these books are very challenging and make me realize how little faith I have at times, and they remind me how great our Father's love is for us. She is an amazing author and her words have ways of drawing you into the story and turning your heart. (Praise! A friend of mine's mother read Redeeming Love and gave her heart to the Lord after talking with her daughter-in-law about the story and it's meaning about God's redeeming love for His children!)
Back to the beach: Mom and I spent a lot a time being lazy, watching movies, eating, eating more, shopping, and laying on the beach being lazy again. I at 16 cupcakes in 5 days. That's pretty gross now that I think about it. But they sure were good at the time. My dad came down on Wednesday before I flew back to TX, and I was glad to be able to spend some time with him.

Had to get some palm tree pictures.

How cute is my mom with her pose? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment