- We had a Super Bowl Party at our house with our entire church over for the evening. I learned quickly that my house is not child-proof as one of the member's 2 year old reached for one of my decorative plates on a shelf. :) Nothing broken though. Some cute smudges on the entertainment center of a child's fingerprints and goldfish crackers all over the guest bedroom with a few gummy bears scattered too.
- Valentine's day was celebrated early because I had to work. We went shopping at REI for each other. Loved it!
- My new job has been stressful, but fun most of the time. I'm now on night shift - my first night will be this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. Really, I am!
- We are involved in a Bible study on Sunday nights about the 10 Commandments. Who knew one verse could take almost 2 hours to fully discuss?! Soon Sunday school will be starting up at our church and Daniel and I will be teaching 1st-6th grade. So excited!
- This past weekend we had the opportunity to go home and see both families (at least those who were in town). It was a nice time to just relax and love on our families. Daniel's little brother, Nathan, is currently in Mexico on a mission trip. Please keep him and the team in your prayers for opportunities to share Christ and also for safe traveling.
- New News: Daniel and I are planning to go to China for two weeks this summer in May!!! We met a couple who used to live in Texas but are currently teaching English in China and they offered their guest bedroom to us! They are going to help us find some "assignments" while we are their with some friends of theirs. We are very excited.
- More new news: Daniel makes pens. As in nice, hand-crafted, wooden pens. We are currently taking orders and will ship to anywhere! http://writtenforthenations.tumblr.com/ All proceeds will go to fund the mission efforts of us (Daniel and Amanda Bray) and our new friends (Bobby and Vanessa Jencks). Bobby was involved in making pens before moving to TX but had no place to store his equiptment so we are now working together, in our garage. :) Bobby and Vanessa have plans to go to Nepal this summer. If you know anyone who would like a pen, or would like one yourself, please let us know! We can make pretty much anything and what you find on the website are only some of what we have already made.
"Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.'" Matthew 9:37-38