Monday, February 8, 2010

God's Blessings

It amazes me how God works in our lives and answers our prayers without us even realizing it most of the time. Daniel and I spent about 4 weeks in Fort Worth without really having any friends or having anything to do most of the time. We worked on the house, spent some much needed time with each other, explored the city, and loved on Jackson for those 4 weeks. We prayed for friends and church home so we could have a "family" since ours are so far away right now. While I was in orientation for Baylor (the hospital I'm working for), Daniel started his orientation at SWBTS. He met some pretty amazing guys during his orientation and later that day he sent me a text message that we had our first dinner date with another couple! Daniel came home telling me not to worry, that I would love this guy and his wife. They were newly married as well and had a dog around Jackson's age. Well sure enough, I love them both, as well as their golden retriever Abby. We met 2 other couples through these two new friends and we are called to pursue work in the mission field. It's so wonderful to be around other couples who have the same call on their live, the same passions, and are all working toward the same goals. The next great thing is that we've all ended up at the same church. We now have a loving church family to help support us while we are far away from our family and friends. We are learning and growing with each other. We were all praying for each other and didn't even realize it. :) I just love how God works and blesses us.

No comments:

Post a Comment