So, I've been learning a lot lately about Fort Worth and I wanted to share my insights.
- you have to have your car inspected before you can get a new license plate for the state of Texas
- you have to have 2 license plates on your car
- there is only 1 Regions Bank in Fort Worth and it is at the heart of downtown FW
- if you want your trash picked up you better know how to put it out properly or it won't go anywhere
- you have to recycle all things that are recyclable
- yard stuff (sticks, leaves, etc.) must be put in paper bags at the side of the road or in the "yard" container or it will be left at the curb (and you have to buy certain paper bags from home depot or Walmart - it's not just any paper bag)
- all other trash must be placed in the "trash" bin and the day after Christmas you are allowed to set out 2 extra trash bags weighing no more than 40 lbs each
- talking to someone at the electric company is a 30 minute process of dealing with an automated teller until you finally yell "supervisor" into the phone
- the water department evidently has no idea who has water turned on or not and has been losing money on our rental house for some time now and then charges us for their mistake
- natural gas is the only utility that hasn't caused us problems thus far
- Jackson has to be registered in the city of Fort Worth, otherwise we are harboring an illegal alien
Just some of my frustrations from the past few days. Money, money, money. That's all people want.
On a more positive note, our neighbors across the street have invited Daniel and I over for desserts on Christmas Eve. We are starting to get to know the older people in our neighborhood and it seems like this will be a good place to start our ministry. :)