Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's becoming real...

Well, the house is empty, the keys have been returned, goodbyes have been made to friends; this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. We packed the house on Friday before Daniel graduated that night. We ended up having to rent a small U-haul trailer and we still won't be able to take everything with us to Fort Worth. I guess the guest bedroom doesn't really need furniture.
Daniel is an official Alumni of Mississippi State University. He received his Bachelors in Industrial Engineering. I'm so very proud of him!


I've been spending the weekend with my mom and dad. On Friday, my mom and I ran around town turning off utilities and getting last minute things done. Also on Friday my dog at my shoes that I was going to wear to my interview on Wednesday. So today (Saturday) mom and I went shopping in Columbus in search of new shoes. I finally found some. Daniel is back in Pelahatchie with his family and I will join him in the morning. I spent time with Emily and Justin tonight which made it all the more real that life is about to change. They are moving away themselves and will begin a new start in Hattiesburg, MS. It's hard to leave friends. It's hard to leave family. I'm just praying that God will continue to give us peace about this move and new journey we are about to embark on.

Fort Worth, here we come! :)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, Hi! I just found your blog via facebook! So glad I will have a fun way to keep up with you! You will love blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete